40 acts at 40




I recently turned the big Four Oh! As a way of marking this milestone I have decided to perform at least 40 random acts of kindness to spread the love. 

I’m going to use this blog to keep you updated and share ways that you can help and support too if you would like to. 


My first “Act” involves cake!!! I went for birthday brunch at a fab little local cafe near me on the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon, OrangeMabel 

The food was incredible, service lovely and ambience was right up my street. 40’s/50’s retro with nice big portions and refills on tea!!! 

As an initial act I wrote them a stonking good Tripadvisor review


I then contacted some friends about creating a one off choir to sing Christmas carols outside a local care home and around the village. I’m also going to offer free mulled cider and wine to all singers!! 


Instead of gifts I asked that people donate to Macmillan Cancer Support as this charity has done so much for my brother and his family since his diagnosis and are an incredible support to so many. 

Following the harrowing story of the people who died in the English Channel this week I have also made a donation to The RNLI for whom my brother volunteers and whose UNPAID crews and staff work tirelessly, risking their own lives to save others. 

What followed this was a very mundane shopping trip to my local Morrison’s where we were helped by the lovely Andrea at the checkout who was so smiley and friendly. I contacted her manager and the the store online to let them know how brilliant she was. We complain about things in life with regularity…… it was a lovely feeling to pass on praise!! I hope Andrea gets the feedback and it improves her day!! 

So, just five small things so far this week. Much more to come. Some of these acts of kindness cost nothing, others cost very little. Perhaps I will simply keep adding an act per year? Maybe I won’t bother counting and just endeavour to spread as much kindness as humanly possible!!! 

I will share more of my 40 acts at 40 with you next week. Until then please check out the hyperlinks above. Please note, I am not sponsored or affiliated with ANY companies/organisations mentioned. The contents of this blog are my opinions and mine alone. 


Take Care 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kind to be kind

Teaching Kindness

My last ever blog